Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Be glad there aren't pictures

It seems unfair of me not to update after mentioning I was getting a gum graft (ah, sorry, subepithelial connective tissue graft), but as it turns out, my AC adapter for my laptop broke the day of my surgery. So I wasn't even left with the internet to help me through my pain.

And pain there was, along with much disgust. The procedure involved scraping down my gums into a huge flap, which I could feel against the side of my mouth. As it was hanging down. Yeah. Revolting.

The surgery went well, though, I guess; I had a little flower of brilliant purple on the inside of my lip, and even the outside of my chin turned a little grey, but I wasn't too concerned. My periodontist had warned me this often happens, especially in small women.

When I went to my check-up today, however, I was told that I had to come back to get my gums trimmed.

Oh.

Gross.

These are not fingernails, people. Nor hedges.

Not only that, but since it hurt so long for me, especially in the mornings, my periodontist thinks I must clench my teeth in my sleep.

Goodie.

No comments:

Post a Comment